Who are we?
Our journey started in 2013 with the mission of disrupting a heating industry reliant on unsustainable energy, which didn’t reflect the global need for an ecological solution.
Five category leading ecommerce stores and two innovative brands with products being manufactured across three continents later – Ignition has helped over 150,000 homeowners and businesses make the change from outmoded, inefficient heating to a more sustainable solution. Simply put, we design products that our customers want and the planet needs. We’re changing the narrative.
Set in the heart of the North Yorkshire countryside, our office buzzes with creativity and is full of curious minds, innovative thinkers, go getters and customer champions. We listen, we adapt. We take things apart and put them back together in a way that our customers tell us they should be – our products and our ecommerce stores, were all built in this way.
Our hardworking, innovative team are at the centre of our growth and success. We invest in them, recognise them, stretch them, reward them, and help them flourish within a development culture that values progress, learning and individual success. We are proud to provide the tools and environment to support professional growth and encourage each member of the team to push their own creativity and progression.
We are looking for a driven and enthusiastic Senior Developer to join our flexible, agile and curious team, supporting both customer and internal facing systems and their supporting infrastructure. You will work closely with project owners to determine the best way to implement their requirements.
This is a real opportunity to help shape the future of a rapidly expanding company, supporting and guiding our junior developers and to influence and determine future needs and business requirements. You will be given the resources and time to gain experience and experiment with new tech stacks and ideas. This is a fundamental part of our development team’s ethos.
The team aims to remain neutral in the selection of a tech stack for each project and, as a result, you will be encouraged and inspired to improve your skills and embrace new ideas and technology. At the start of any project the team will discuss and analyse the best solution for the task, so you will need to be a great collaborator and listener to help problem solve and get to the right solutions.
Current projects involve a range of platforms and stacks, from LEMP to MERN. The team also support and develop iOS and Android apps with native code and using React-Native. This work is integral to growth plans for the brand, and you will play a crucial role in the continued expansion of the business.
What you’ll be doing
- Working with the necessary departments in the company from initial concept to delivery and beyond
- Collaborating with the team to exploring the technical possibilities and approaches for a variety of projects
- Delivering impactful features and continuously developing even better features and technologies.
- Leading and mentoring the team whilst ensuring the quality and technical approach taken by the team is in line with the department strategy.
- Learning new things and develop your skills in a variety of technologies
What you’ll bring
- Experience of working with and consuming complex APIs
- Experience using React
- Strong organisational skills and a great eye for detail
- Ability to meet deadlines, identify issues and resolve them with minimal direction
- Great problem solving and creative thinking
- Collaboration expertise and great relationship building
- Thirst for knowledge and commitment to development
Bonus technical experience/skills and knowledge
- Experience with Redux and React Middleware
- Magento 2 and/or WordPress theme creation/customisation
- Using Less to create stylesheets
What you’ll get
- Competitive salary
- 23 days holiday plus bank holidays
- 1 month fully paid sabbatical after each 5 year’s continuous service
- Great development opportunities
- Perkbox subscription – access to free weekly perks, discounts, Boxx fitness app and wellness hub
- Enhanced maternity and paternity pay after 2 years continuous service
- Team bonding and social activities
- Free Food Fridays (Fish and Chips and Pizza are regularly on the menu!)
- Great office facilities including bar, Netflix, pool table, retro arcade game and table football
- Health Cashback Scheme
- Annual Volunteering Day
- An idyllic location away from the hustle and bustle, but just 5 mins from historic town centre
What are you waiting for?
Apply now to start your journey with us and be part of something exciting. We can’t wait to hear from you and the contribution you can make.
If you want to be part of a dynamic, entrepreneurial, people focused business that does things a little differently, then this could be the opportunity for you. We invite you to become the best you, with us, today.