Who we are
Our journey started in 2013 with the mission of disrupting a heating industry reliant on unsustainable energy, which didn’t reflect the global need for an ecological solution.
Five category leading ecommerce stores and two innovative brands with products being manufactured across three continents later – Ignition has helped over 150,000 homeowners and businesses make the change from outmoded, inefficient heating to a more sustainable solution. Simply put, we design products that our customers want and the planet needs. We’re changing the narrative.
Set in the heart of the North Yorkshire countryside, our office buzzes with creativity and is full of curious minds, innovative thinkers, go getters and customer champions. We listen, we adapt. We take things apart and put them back together in a way that our customers tell us they should be – our products and our ecommerce stores, were all built in this way.
Our hardworking, innovative team are at the centre of our growth and success. We invest in them, recognise them, stretch them, reward them, and help them flourish within a development culture that values progress, learning and individual success. We are proud to provide the tools and environment to support professional growth and encourage each member of the team to push their own creativity and progression.
We are looking for a Management Accountant to join our growing team. Your objectives will be to produce and further develop weekly and monthly KPI’s as well as a Monthly Management Accounts packs to assist the board in their decision making and drive the business forward. The role offers the autonomy of managing all day-to-day accounting for Ecostrad Ltd (the Manufacturing arm of the business) and plenty of opportunities to develop your skillset.
To be successful in this role you will need strong Management Accounts experience. Some experience in presenting a full management accounts pack is preferred but not essential. Our ideal Management Accountant will be comfortable with managing their own workload and have the ability to tackle problems as they arise independently.
What you’ll do
- To produce a weekly KPI pack. KPIs currently are centered around Sales Pipeline and Customer Segmentation. The data for which is contained within Salesforce and Sage.
- To produce a monthly Management Accounts pack. The pack will contain a P&L, Balance sheet and supporting slides to reflect the businesses performance against KPI’s.
- Management accounts prep includes processing of Intercompany transactions, fixed assets additions and depreciation, accruals, and prepayments.
- Offer assistance in forecasting P&Ls and Cashflows.
- Preparation and reconciliation of balance sheet recs post month end.
- Assisting in the budgeting process
- Monitor the Aged Debtors closely and report any overdue accounts to our credit insurers.
- Keep customer agreement records on file and reflected in Salesforce.
- Monthly Customer Rebate calculations for accruals purposes.
- Assist in transactional processing as and when required
- Support the Accounts Assistants with their transactional processing and cover during busy periods / absence / holidays etc.
- Developing Salesforce further to keep pace with changing business requirements.
- Preparing for audits
- Writing process notes that go around month end and the weekly reporting pack.
- Processing quarterly VAT returns.
- To assist in preparing and payment of weekly payment runs.
Systems you’ll use
- Sage Line 200
What you’ll bring
- Excellent communication skills
- Accurate and robust administration
- Strong commercial judgement
- Excellent attention to detail
- Strong organistational skills
What you’ll get
- Competitive salary
- 23 days holiday plus bank holidays
- 1 month fully paid sabbatical after each 5 year’s continuous service
- Paid volunteering leave
- Great development opportunities
- Perkbox subscription – access to free weekly perks, discounts, Boxx fitness app and wellness hub
- Enhanced maternity and paternity pay after 2 years continuous service
- Team bonding and social activities
- Free Food Fridays (Fish and Chips and Pizza are regularly on the menu!)
- Great office facilities including bar, Netflix, pool table, retro arcade game and table football
- Health Cashback Scheme
- Annual Volunteering Day
- Hybrid working
- An idyllic location away from the hustle and bustle, but just 5 mins from historic town centre
This role offers hybrid working, allowing an optional 60/40 split pattern between the office and home. You will have the option to work 2 days at home per week between Tuesday-Thursday. Monday and Friday are our set office days, allowing for collaboration, training, networking…and enjoying our free lunch together at the end of the week, of course.
What are you waiting for?
If you want to be part of a dynamic, employee-focused company that does things a little differently, please send over a cover letter and apply now to start your journey with us. We are keen to hear from you and what you can offer. We look forward to hearing from you and discussing the contribution you can make here at Ignition.