Who are we?
Our journey started in 2013 with the mission of disrupting a heating industry reliant on unsustainable energy, which didn’t reflect the global need for an ecological solution.
Five category leading ecommerce stores and two innovative brands with products being manufactured across three continents later – Ignition has helped over 150,000 homeowners and businesses make the change from outmoded, inefficient heating to a more sustainable solution. Simply put, we design products that our customers want and the planet needs. We’re changing the narrative.
Set in the heart of the North Yorkshire countryside, our office buzzes with creativity and is full of curious minds, innovative thinkers, go getters and customer champions. We listen, we adapt. We take things apart and put them back together in a way that our customers tell us they should be – our products and our ecommerce stores, were all built in this way.
Our hardworking, innovative team are at the centre of our growth and success. We invest in them, recognise them, stretch them, reward them, and help them flourish within a development culture that values progress, learning and individual success. We are proud to provide the tools and environment to support professional growth and encourage each member of the team to push their own creativity and progression.
We are currently looking for a positive and proactive Business Support Executive to join our growing team. This is a newly created role and will be key to the continued success of the business. Supporting the team to operate as efficiently as possible, our Business Support Executive will have the opportunity to provide administrative support to the whole business and build strong relationships, whilst working across many functions. You’ll bring a positive presence to the team and be the welcoming face of the business.
As a key player in the coordination of the busy day to day, you’ll be proactively supporting People, Finance, and other teams as well as providing PA support to the Managing Director. In addition to supporting the teams, you will ensure the office space is maintained to a high standard, keeping communal areas ready for visits and events. You will ensure that supplies are available for both external visitors and the internal team.
Whilst supporting the business administratively, you will create a great front of house environment, compassionately greeting visitors and acting as an ambassador of our brand. You will create great first impressions with a friendly, warm manner and ensure each visitor has a great experience at Ignition.
Essentially, you’ll be a vital cog in the Ignition wheel, keeping things ticking and running smoothly. From distributing correspondence, arranging travel plans, ordering supplies, coordinating expenses, assisting with events and more; no two weeks will be the same. You will embrace and be motivated by the variety the role brings, managing your diverse responsibilities and making this role your own as it evolves over time.
What you’ll be doing
Administration/General Office Coordination
- Overseeing aspects of the company diary, such as Christmas parties, company events and third-party visits
- Ad hoc administration including filing, scanning, processing, placing orders to support internal teams
- Supporting weekly company lunch event by organising, scheduling, and collecting (where required)
- Supporting company projects where required
- Managing the reception area, including welcoming guests, visitors, contractors, and candidates, ensuring the correct procedures are followed
- Managing company correspondence, including phone calls, emails, letters; with excellent level of customer service
- Handle all incoming/outgoing post and receiving deliveries, ensuring items are directed to the right person
- Maintain communal areas and ensure the reception area is tidy/welcoming
- Ensure the meetings rooms and communal areas are maintained/managed at all times
- Organising meetings, scheduling appointments, and ensuring the right provisions/equipment is available
- Supporting the organisation of company events and overseeing third parties such as suppliers, caterers etc.
- Managing inventory/maintenance of office supplies, including stationery, cleaning supplies, consumables, and office equipment; coordinating with internal departments to establish needs
- Support the company Health and Safety Management System by taking part in First Aid training and supporting Site Manager with ad hoc administrative duties in this area
- Provide administrative and logistical support to the MD (as required)
- Creating travel itineraries for executives, employees, and company events
- Arranging accommodation, booking transport, and supporting the expenses process in collaboration with Finance
- Preparing some company announcements and sharing on internal channels
- Supporting departments where needed in coordination of offsite events
- Supporting HR with training events and any associated travel arrangements
- Be a point of contact for third parties/charity partners, where required
- Any other duties, in accordance with the broad scope of this role
What you’ll bring
- A can do, proactive attitude with a desire to get stuck in
- Self-motivated and able to work autonomously
- A welcoming, vibrant energy to set the tone for the office
- Flexible attitude and approach
- Highly organised and strong attention to detail
- Ability to build positive relationships
- Excellent telephone manner and communication skills
- Highly proficient on Microsoft Office
- Ability to multitask and prioritise tasks according to importance
What you’ll get
- Competitive salary
- 23 days holiday plus bank holidays
- 1 month fully paid sabbatical after each 5 year’s continuous service
- Great development opportunities
- Perkbox subscription – access to free weekly perks, discounts, Boxx fitness app and wellness hub
- Enhanced maternity and paternity pay after 2 years continuous service
- Team bonding and social activities
- Free Food Fridays (Fish and Chips and Pizza are regularly on the menu!)
- Great office facilities including bar, Netflix, pool table, retro arcade game and table football
- An idyllic location away from the hustle and bustle, but just 5 mins from historic town centre
What are you waiting for?
If you want to be part of a dynamic, entrepreneurial, people focused business that does things a little differently, apply today and start. We can’t wait to hear from you and the contribution you can make.