Who are we?
Our journey started in 2013 with the mission of disrupting a heating industry reliant on unsustainable energy, which didn’t reflect the global need for an ecological solution.
Five category leading ecommerce stores and two innovative brands with products being manufactured across three continents later – Ignition has helped over 150,000 homeowners and businesses make the change from outmoded, inefficient heating to a more sustainable solution. Simply put, we design products that our customers want and the planet needs. We’re changing the narrative.
Set in the heart of the North Yorkshire countryside, our office buzzes with creativity and is full of curious minds, innovative thinkers, go getters and customer champions. We listen, we adapt. We take things apart and put them back together in a way that our customers tell us they should be – our products and our ecommerce stores, were all built in this way.
Our hardworking, innovative team are at the centre of our growth and success. We invest in them, recognise them, stretch them, reward them, and help them flourish within a development culture that values progress, learning and individual success. We are proud to provide the tools and environment to support professional growth and encourage each member of the team to push their own creativity and progression.
We are looking for an enthusiastic, organised, and self-motivated Accounts Assistant to join our growing team. This is a new role, created to support the Finance function as the business continues to evolve and diversify. As Accounts Assistant you will manage all aspects of the Purchase and Sales Ledger, including Credit Control for Ignition Group. The candidate will report into the Group Management Accountant on a day-to-day basis. Ideally you will have prior experience of both Purchase and Sales Ledger and display good communication skills both internally and externally.
This is a brilliant opportunity to join a growing, ambitious organisation with a supportive, collaborative team who truly lives their values. You’ll be given opportunity to learn from your peers and study towards AAT qualifications to really kick start your professional development.
What you’ll be doing
- Posting of supplier invoices both for approval and onto the ledger using Lightyear and Sage
- Raising PO’s for approval and placing orders with suppliers
- Resolving supplier queries via email
- Ensuring purchase orders are complete with all required reporting information prior to invoicing
- Supporting the Sales Ledger where required
- Liaising with Purchasing Department, Warehouse team and any other teams you need to collaborate with
- Matching GRN with the purchase invoices
- Assisting with the weekly payment run and issuing remittances
- Managing of the department inboxes and distributing the post
- Reconciling supplier & intercompany statements on a weekly basis
- Reconcile the sage order book vs salesforce on a daily basis
- Updating intercompany systems as orders are placed and invoiced
- Supporting the Management Accountant where required
What you’ll bring
- Excellent communication skills
- Accurate and robust administration
- Excellent attention to detail
- Strong organisational skills
- Positive and helpful approach
- Committed to learning and a thirst to gain new knowledge
What you’ll get
- Competitive salary
- 23 days holiday plus bank holidays
- 1 month fully paid sabbatical after each 5 year’s continuous service
- Great development opportunities
- Perkbox subscription – access to free weekly perks, discounts, Boxx fitness app and wellness hub
- Enhanced maternity and paternity pay after 2 years continuous service
- Team bonding and social activities
- Free Food Fridays (Fish and Chips and Pizza are regularly on the menu!)
- Great office facilities including bar, Netflix, pool table, retro arcade game and table football
- An idyllic location away from the hustle and bustle, but just 5 mins from historic town centre
What are you waiting for?
If you want to be part of a dynamic, entrepreneurial, people focused business that does things a little differently, apply today and start. We can’t wait to hear from you and the contribution you can make.